Submitted scripts must:
- Be a complete draft with a clear beginning, middle, and end. Unfinished scripts will not be accepted.
- Include a title page with the playwright’s name (all other contact information should be omitted)
- Follow a consistent writing format and have numbered pages and stage directions. YPT encourages playwrights to use the Dramatist Guild’s Modern Stageplay Format
- Be straight plays. No musicals or screenplays will be accepted.
- Be in either PDF or Microsoft Word format
- Be appropriate to be viewed by a high-school-aged audience
Submitted scripts must not:
- Have had a full production (i.e. actors off-book, design elements, multiple performances, etc.)
- Require more than 5 actors to be performed
- Be adaptations of copyrighted work (i.e. existing TV shows or movies)
- Be more than 75 minutes long
- Include explicit sexual content or graphic violence